How to protect consumers from skyrocketing energy prices
Euroconsumers invites you to partake in a webinar on the impact of the unfolding energy crisis on consumers, entitled “How to protect consumers from skyrocketing energy prices”. The webinar will take place from 15:30 to 16:30 on Thursday 28.
The debate around energy has never been more important, or contested. With the EU Summit, the EU Energy Council, the G20, and COP26 all arriving in quick succession this Autumn, at a time of acute energy problems, and an ever worsening climate, dialogue on a way forward to continue the green transition, while providing consumers with affordable and reliable energy, is vital.
With energy prices skyrocketing across the EU, and the world, consumers are struggling to warm and light homes, and carry out their normal daily lives with access to a basic human need in the 21st century: affordable energy.
Euroconsumers and its national organisations organised a webinar to share the issues consumers are facing in the energy crisis, and the solutions being identified and utilised in different countries, in an open dialogue with the European Commission and international energy experts.
- Adela Tesarova, Head of Unit for Consumers, Local Initiatives and Just Transitions at the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Energy.
- Experts from Euroconsumers member organisations Test Aankoop/Test Achats (Belgium), OCU (Spain), Altroconsumo (Italy), Deco Proteste (Portugal).
- Jan Cornillie, Head of Strategy and Policy at 3E, Research Associate at the School of Transnational Governance (European University Institute).
Among the topics that were discussed during the webinar:
- Reducing or removing taxes in energy bills.
- Impact of the marginal price system currently in place in the EU electricity market.
- The way forward in the green transition in the context of rising energy bills.
Missed the webinar? You can now watch it here.